Saturday, August 28, 2010

Jeans

On my way to that outlet mall, I was thinking ~ I have a long denim skirt. I bet if I wore that in a public place, most people would assume it was jeans. Most people who see that it's a skirt probably wouldn't care.

Then I thought, maybe I could find a similar skirt at the outlet mall and wear it home. I could easily change to regular jeans in the airport. It would definitely make the trip more fun.

But as I pulled up to the mall, I remembered.... My manager will be flying with me. As I mentioned she is not ready for Meg.

But it's a possibility for next time. I might change into the skirt at the airport so the neighbors can't see. I sometimes see people I know at the airport, so maybe flying out is not a great idea. But flying back.... I can certainly leave the hotel, drive to the airport, make my connection (there are no direct flights from Washington to El Paso) and change into jeans after I get my bag back. Since I won't be lingering at the airport, just landing and changing, there would be little risk of being caught by a friend. Or worse, a friend of my wife.

It's certainly worth thinking about. And that's what I'm going to do. Next time I have a few minutes alone, I'll try it on and make sure it fits properly.

I did wear this to the office on Halloween long before I ever went out dressed. I owe you that story, along with Halloween 2008, Halloween 2009, and Mardi Gras 2004.

So if you're not sick of me, I'm not done with this blog yet.

2 comments:

  1. Please don't end the blog. Keep it going. And post more pictures of Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deffinetly not tired of you, please keep the blog going, I know it can be hard work at times but you give us a great read and a real insight into your lives.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!