Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rally Report VIII: Civilian Report

I'm not sure what to do with this.

My friend P posted a page of rally pictures on facebook. I'm not his facebook friend (no page for my male persona) so I checked them on my wife's page. He captioned the first twenty or so, then stopped (at least for now).

"Christine" is featured on the page.

To make this a bit easier to read, I'm going to borrow my anonymous friend Pat's name. My first name is ambiguous, at least in spelling, so I'll use an ambiguous alias. For the captions, I'll call myself "Pat Thebunny" instead of writing .  People with small children will understand the reference.

One picture was of my wife, her friend J, and I, and it was labeled "the folks I hung with at the rally" and our names. I was listed as "Pat (Christine O'Donnell) Thebunny".

In a second picture of the three of us, I was just listed as "Ms. O'Donnell" (in quotes).

The third picture was captioned:

Just to make it clear, Pat is a guy dressed up as O'Donnell. Every so often, I would catch "her" in the corner of my eye, my brain would register "woman" and invariably my system was shocked to realize it was really Pat.  Pre-ty freaky. He/she got quite a lot of amusing looks, particularly on the Metro going both ways and as we were leaving the Mall after the rally.

He also included close-ups of the name tags on my jacket.

I guess I passed, and passed well, and passed repeatedly.  And he assumed I would pass in the eyes of his friends.  I'm not sure what he made of the "amusing looks" ~ if they were people who liked the costume (they coulda said so!) or people who thought I didn't pass that well.  Or maybe he was reading amusing where it didn't exist.

I need to follow up, but I'm not sure how.  He ignored my "admit it ~ you thought I looked good" email and my "I could've done wingwoman duty" email.

I'd like to open a dialogue.

At the very least, I'd like to write "great.  Now everyone's going to be looking at my boobs."

At the very most, I'd like to write "yes, I do this a few times a year.  I'd like to interview a civilian.  Interested?"

I'd like to find a way to go from least to most, I guess.

I'd also like to know if any of his friends comment on the pictures, or my femulation.  I'd be especially interested if one of his friends wrote to him "I bet this isn't the first time he's done it" although I doubt P would relay that back to me.  I think he'd be afraid of the answer.

But what I'd really like to do is set up my own page, friend P and then invite all of my readers to friend him as well. :)  I suppose I could do that just by giving you all his name, but in the interest of fairness  I'd need to out myself in the process.

But it would be a lot of fun. :)



2 comments:

  1. Meg
    This is facinating, I can't wait to see where it goes. I think the whole thing with P is very revealing of how civilians view us.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat- I think everyone loved your boobs!! :)

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!