Thursday, August 4, 2011

See Emily Play

If you're not sure what this week's poll is about read yesterday's post and take a moment to tick a box.  Thank you!

My wife and son will be at the beach Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week.  I never know when they'll leave and when they'll return, so my best bet for a "going out day" is Tuesday.

My manager is trying to stress test me.  He's piled on a lot of things that need to be done last April.  There's a slight chance I'll have to cancel Tuesday.  So far, when I've broached the idea of taking the day off, he's been fine with it.
TS Emily

And then there's Emily, which could cancel my wife's trip.  It doesn't seem so, but....

Assuming all goes according to plan:

Monday night will be good to do final shaving or epilating or depilitating or otherwise de-hairing, pick an outfit, organise my closet a bit more, and maybe start finding things for the next swap.  Maybe I'll have a bit of time to try different makeup, maybe find a new favourite blush or lipstick amidst the makeup bag.  Wednesday morning will be for cleanup: make sure everything is put away and ready for the family's return.  I'll go to work a bit later that day.

After dark, my eyes don't as well as they used to, so I'd like to go out during the day.  Maybe I'll do something at night, but probably not, unless it's at a familiar venue or right off a usual highway exit or something.  I don't plan to see any clients, although I would absolutely love to do that!

The problem is, I'm not sure what I'm going to do that day.

There's a lot to do around here.  I started looking:

museums: Been there, and there are no special exhibits I want to see.
shop: I'm not sure I'm in the mood, believe it or not.  I don't really need anything.  Maybe I could go car or furniture shopping... just for fun.  Or wedding gown shopping. :D
park: It's too hot to wander outdoors, although I might consider the zoo.
show: There's nothing going on that I want to see solo right now.  Same for movies.  I don't want to go alone.
other events: So far, I've found nothing for Tuesday.  Today's paper has a section on local happenings for the next week.  I'll check to see what's listed for Tuesday.  And Friday's paper has a weekend section that may list things extending into next week.
class of some sort: or a nature tour, or something like that.  It's kind of between sessions.  The local adult ed has lots of listing for the fall, but the summer classes are over.

I even checked the church where they had the Transgender Day of Remembrance last fall.  There's nothing going on that day.

I also considered going to DC and visiting my congressman.  He knows me by my male name.  I wonder if he'd recognise me.  Alas, it's summer recess time.  Maybe he'll have a town hall or something that day.


I'm not going to check my synagogue.  It would be too tempting to go to something there, especially if it was Rosh Hodesh (it's not).

Hm.

Is anyone going to be around?



2 comments:

  1. Going out with the girls this after noon on Long Island
    Hugs
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Diane! Drop me a note ~ tell me more.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!