Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mardi Gras History

(I already used "All On A Mardi Gras Day" for an earlier post on my own Mardi Gras dressup day)

Take a couple of minutes and check out the trailer for the movie "The Sons of Tennessee Williams."  It didn't seem to have a lot of box office success, but the story seems fascinating.  The film isn't sold everywhere, but it can be purchased from the studio for under $20, and it's available for download on Netflix.  The New York Times reviewed it, and Rotten Tomato readers liked it.

I wonder what I would have thought of this as a child.  Here were men dressing as women, and in public.  They seemed attracted to other men, and I knew pretty early on that I was interested in girls.  I wonder if I'd rethink that, the same way I thought I wanted to be a girl when I was young, because I wanted to wear dresses and only girls wore dresses....  So I must want to be a girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!