Saturday, April 14, 2012

Maybe Yes, and Maybe No

(please check out yesterday's post and take part in the poll ~ if you're eligible!)

Ginger Meggs is an Australian comic that's been around for a long long time.  A long long long time.  Last year, they celebrated 90 years of Ginger Meggs.  Did I mention it's an old strip that's still in production?

Anyway, I enjoy Meggs as much for the simple stereotype characters (reluctant schoolboy, school bully, clueless dad, brainy classmate, etc) and occasional weirdness (pet monkey) as for the little sayings they put between panels every day.  Some are gems, some are trite, but they're fun to read.

This is from a couple of days ago.  Yes, it's predictable, but I like to imagine the conversation that follows.  I mean, I don't think Ginger's thinking like a civilian here.  Maybe his friend said "some do, and some don't" or "would you?" or "I'm trying to transfer!  You should too!"

If I could draw, I'd start an alternate Ginger Meggs universe.

1 comment:

  1. I'd go to that school but is anyone surprised?

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!