Saturday, October 20, 2012

Turnabout is Fair Play

Before getting to today's funny, an anonymous reader strongly suggested I not answer the door at Halloween as Meg.   I expect to be kind of out at the apartment, and the audience will be mostly moms, taking around their young kids.  If they seem uncomfortable I can break my "no story" rule and apologetically say I'm going to a costume party.  I'm not sure what they'll think if the see me dressed in the future.



This was on a site called humorswitch ~ in spite of the name, it's not all jokes about, um, gender switch or anything like that.

Anyway, I never look at it this way.  And if I repeat this (and I probably will) I'll want something stronger than the "I believed."

The comment reminds me of a Steven Wright  bit where he says he found his diary from when he was born: "Day one.  Still upset about the move.  Day two.  Everyone talks to me like I'm an idiot."



3 comments:

  1. good laughs, thanks for finding this it's great! smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg -

    To the moms that see you, say 3 words in a low voice: "I'm in transition." Younger kids won't understand. Older kids will not be with their moms, so you could say nothing to then....

    ps: I love the snippet of humor!

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I might offer a suggestion for Halloween: This is a great opportunity to move beyond the typical. Dress as Meg, but wear an actual costume. That way, people won't think of Meg as a costume, but as a someone real. (Which she is!)

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!