Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Meeting With Marian, Part I

Sometimes, when I get ready to go out, my routine resembles a well-oiled machine.  Usually, the only oil is on my face and I say "dam!  I have to get the oil-free foundation!"

Sunday, I planned to meet Marian in DC for a little girl time (that's little girl-time, not little-girl time).  We were to meet at 9 for breakfast and sightseeing.

I set my alarm for 6, and underslept ~ I woke around 5 and dozed a tiny bit but by 5:45 I knew I didn't have enough time to sleep, but also I knew I had to try (note to self: this always fails). 

It was to be a long day, going to DC, doing some final cleaning (this was the day Aeify was coming to Virginia), bringing my son to Sunday school (after changing!) and helping Aeify move in.  In hindsight, if I was smart I would have skipped visiting with Marian and slept.  We weren't done moving stuff out of the truck until 2am.  But, instead, I was Meg, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

By 7 I was showered and shaved ~ I think shaving is harder if you do it twice in a row, at least for me.  Leaving a day between shaves works best, but I shaved thoroughly the day before because I was hoping I'd get out that day, too.  Alas, no.

By 7:45 I had my foundation on, my eyes done, a load of laundry in the dryer (sheets for Aeify's friend), a tape playing (I have lots of cassettes and I'm trying to decide what to save and what to throw away), coffee made and drunk.

All I had left was blush, lips, and get dressed.  My goal was to be out by 8:15.

I was ready to leave at 8:25.  The sheets weren't dry so SOMEONE had to sleep on wrinkly sheets.  And I wanted to take out the trash before I go.  I mean, I was certainly dressed for it!

The plan was to meet Marian at 9.  And 35 minutes would be plenty of time.  Maybe.  Around here one never knows.




5 comments:

  1. Now you don’t say you dressed trashy, do you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg -

    You made my whole weekend by sharing half a day with me!!!! And I can't wait to return the hospitality when you eventually get to New York....

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and Marian that you got to share some time! Bet that was fun!

    Hugs,

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!