Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Simple Pleasures ~ Computer's Out of the Closet

In my house, my office was in the basement.  I might be reading a t-blog, or working on my own, or editing pictures for future posts when I'd hear someone come down the stairs.  I had a couple of seconds to close what I was working on and open something else.

No more hiding.  If Charity comes in while I'm working on a post, I can leave it up and chat (unless I don't want it previewed!).  I can point her to another t-blog that I found interesting, or share pictures and get her opinion of the best one to use.

I never realised how limiting it is to not even be "out" in my own personal space.




2 comments:

  1. Meg -

    You can now see how spoiled I am.... And with more of my friends knowing about this side of me, I don't have to hide anything outside the house either.

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be able to enjoy the simple act of breathing in and out without having to hold your breath and fretting over whether you will be caught with your hand in the cookie jar. The simple freedom of being accepted for doing what you are doing in an open and honest fashion rather than hiding in the basement/closet is amazingly liberating.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!