Tuesday, January 1, 2013

W00T!

W00T!  Post number 1000!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun (and femme!) New Year's Eve.

I have a little epilogue to my Birchmere story.  At least I think it's an epilogue.

Another blogger wrote about expecting the euphoria of dressing to wear off, so it just becomes natural.  I think she's missing the target.  The night at the Birchmere, I felt GREAT dressed, better, perhaps, than ever before.  I don't know exactly why.  It was close to 11 when we got home, I knew my nails had to come off, I knew I had to get up early the next day to go to work but I did not want to change, I did not want Meg to go away.

The comfort of being out as Meg was there, but the euphoria was there too.

Maybe I feel like my drab life is, well, drab ~ but my Meg life is always new, always full of new experiences....  Seeing a show, having dinner, talking to the other patrons (and musician!), just being Meg and out on the town is euphoric.  There's no other word.  And like some illegal drugs that produce the same feeling, there's sometimes a horrible let-down when the high is gone.  Sunday night, I really felt sad ~ maybe a tad depressed ~ when I pulled off my wig and knew it was over.  I wanted, more than anything, to touch up my lips and head out again.

Even sitting in the cold waiting for the box office to open in my long coat and dress and pumps was special.  It just was.

So dressing and being out felt natural and special at the same time.

I hope it stays that way.  Except for the crash.  I can do without the crash.




6 comments:

  1. Yep, know that feeling!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and keep up your good blog posting. When normal gets exciting, that's really worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having Charity with you, I'm sure creates an even more enjoyable time. Enjoying little things between yourselves. I can see a very happy times ahead, and you deserve them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean, the only way to avoid the crash ~ don't have the high, and we aren't going to do that are we.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg -

    Right now, everything is new. That's why I asked about euphoria wearing off. I'd like to get to the state where being Marian is a regular occurence. It would always be special, and better than being in drab. But I'm not sure if it would be as much of a high as it was when new....

    And yes, I believe that you and I are happier when we are in our feminine personas. (Now, if only I can get the time to take care of my voice lessons....)

    May you have the happiest of New Years....

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and Charity, and may you have that natural and special feeling of just being Meg many, many times this year.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!