Monday, May 6, 2013

Politically Incorrect

For some reason, an old advertising jingle has been stuck in my mind.  I had to verify the words, because I couldn't believe I remembered them correctly.

My post idea: I'd post the real words and how funny it is that I remembered them differently.

Well, it turns out I had it right.  Does anyone remember Armour hot dogs?
Is she fat?  Skinny?  Tough?  Sissy?

The jingle went:

Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs.
What kinds of kids eat Armour hot dogs?
Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks.
Tough kids, sissy kids
Even kids with chicken pox
Love hotdogs, Armour hot dogs
The dogs kids love to bite!

Sissy kids?  Really?  Is that the opposite of "tough kids?"  Is "kids who climb on rocks" the opposite of "kids with chicken pox?"

I want to go back in time and be in the meeting where they discuss keeping that ad campaign or maybe, just maybe, changing it a bit.




1 comment:

  1. I remember this ad well. Sometime in the late 80s-early 90s, they substituted "big" for "fat:, and "little" for "sissy". I don't think Armour makes dogs anymore.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!