Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simple Pleasure: Open Planning

When it's time to prep for dress up, I can now take out what I want when I want to.

In the past, I needed to plan just to plan.

Now, I can pull out some dress options and try them on when I have time, not when those around me have time.  It's much more relaxing when I don't have to make time twice ~ once for choosing and trying on, once for going out.  And sometimes that first opportunity never presents itself and I have to take extra "getting ready" time to ensure I have the right outfit.  Or sometimes it takes a few short stolen moments to choose and try on.  And, of course, hide everything away in their own boxes and bags.

And today is the first of May....
Ted: Mayday! Mayday!
Steve: "Mayday," what the heck is that?
Johnny: Mayday? Why, that's the Russian New Year! We can have a big parade and serve hot hors d'oeuvres...


1 comment:

  1. you are sooooo right in that it takes less time (sort of LOL) to get dressed when you don't have to hide everything. even putting on makeup is easier when i can do it in good light at home instead of like some high school girl who who's parents won't let her wear make up and ends up putting on in route or at school.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!