Monday, January 6, 2014

2014

Another year, another blog post.

I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years.  Are there any good resolutions you'd like to share?

So far, 2014 has been an "indoor Meg" year.  The weather hasn't been great, and it's been worse for heels.  Plus, I haven't had anywhere I'm dying to go.

A few days ago, I went to a major mall near my place.  My goal was to get a haircut and meet with an old manager for coffee, a little bit of networking we do every couple of months.  The plan:
1. coffee
2. haircut
3. home

I think I've explained that I seem to be incompatible with schedules.  As I was about to leave the apartment, I got an e-mail asking if we could change the morning coffee to an afternoon one.  That meant I should get my haircut first.  That meant I'd have a break somewhere, in case my haircutlady was busy and I had to wait.  So my schedule changed to:
1. spend time at the mall waiting for my
2. haircut
3. spend time at the mall waiting until time for
4. coffee

1 and 3 take about an hour and a half, and one or both might be null, depending on whether haircutlady was available.

I went into a dozen or two shops, mostly women's clothing, women's accessories (are there men's accessories stores?), and department stores.

I didn't look at jewelry much.  I did see some really nice dresses, tops, and skirts.  I was really tempted when I saw a new Spanx store.  When I saw items I coveted, I repeated my new 2014 mantra:

I have enough stuff
I have enough stuff
I have enough stuff
....





1 comment:

  1. Meg -

    I take it that you have filled a closet with female clothes too... I've gotten to the point where I have to donate clothes that don't work for me to a charity, so that I can replace them with clothes that work for me in many ways. And then, I use my mantra - can I still afford this?

    Happy New Year!

    M

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!