Monday, January 13, 2014

Odd Wording

Friday the 13th falls on a Monday this month.  Take appropriate precautions.

Thursday was another cold day.  I wore a hat and carried my tote and gloves out to my car.  I tossed the gloves into the car ahead of the tote and put my coffee in the cupholder between the front seats.

Before covering the gloves with the tote, I took a good look at them: for a second I thought there was only one glove there but after a longer look I was sure there were two.

I got to work and discovered, nope, there was only one glove.

When I arrived home after work I looked in the parking lot where my car was parked.  No glove.  I went in the side door where I went out that morning.  No glove.

I went to the office and asked the man at the front desk if perchance someone had turned in a glove.  He said no, but the woman in the back office called out "that's funny.  Another woman came in and said she had lost a glove earlier today."  I suggested that, if she comes back, to send her my way and maybe we could make a deal.

What I really wanted to say was "another woman?" and follow up on that but I decided that it might be more prudent to just let her comment hang.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!