Thursday, May 1, 2014

Feet Don't Fail Me Now

Ted Striker: Mayday! Mayday!
Steve McCroskey: What the heck is that?
Johnny: Why, that's the Russian New Year. We can have a parade and serve hot hors d'oeuvres...

But I digress.

On Sunday, I wore my open-toed wedges.  Since walking across gravel is likely, I thought wedges would be a better choice than heels.

I was a bit concerned because I haven't been wearing anything but my tennies since I rebroke my little toe.  As you saw yesterday, it's still a bit swollen although not uncomfortable.

I was uncomfortable in the chosen shoes.  It was not bad, but I suspect I was walking a bit "off" because the shoes in general became uncomfortable.  I always prefer to stand, but I sought out a place to sit once or twice during the day.  I've worn these shoes several times previously, and they've been really good for my feet, but not Sunday.

I did not last as long as I had hoped.  By the time we said goodbye to Marian the backs of my feet were hurting where the strap pressed against my foot (an experience I don't remember from past outings) and my calves hurt a bit.  When it came time to leave the train at my station, I did not want to stand up.  Walking to the car, and to the apartment, was uncomfortable.  I kicked off my shoes as soon as I stepped in the door.

Maybe I'm just out of practice.  Fortunately, I can fix that! Soon, I hope.




1 comment:

  1. Meg -

    Just to let you know that misery loves company - a small pebble did some damage to the sole of my foot, and I noticed a tiny cut later on when I got back to my hotel.

    It's only now starting to heal right....

    M

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!