Thursday, September 18, 2014

Just Another Manic Monday

Click for readability
On the slim strip of land known as the Outer Banks, there is a (minor) road that parallels the ocean beach, and a major road that parallels that a couple of tenths of a mile further west. 

Our hotel faced the beach on one side and the minor road on the other.  A couple of blocks south along the minor road brought us to the restaurant.  Sidewalks are iffy but traffic is light.

We got to the restaurant and it was mostly empty.  We were greeted and put at a table that seemed to be in the "no service section."  Eventually a waitress came by and apologised profusely for making us wait so long ~ there was a mess-up and no-one was assigned.  I asked her if we get our meals for free because we had to wait and she said no but we could have a free appetizer, which was fine with me.

Dinner was good, the restaurant continued to be lightly used although more people came in as we ate.  I also continued to joke with the waitress ~ for instance, I mentioned that I didn't expect this much traffic but had to point out that Traffic was all they were playing since we came in.  She asked if they should change the music; I said no, I love it.  It seems one of the staff put together a Steve Winwood mix CD and that's what they were playing.  A little Blind Faith followed Traffic, and some Winwood solo work after that.  I didn't hear any Spencer Davis but maybe that was before I arrived.  I did hear "Low Spark of High Heel Boys" which made me smile.

I also seem to be more comfortable talking with civilians these days.  I'm sure there's a reason.

The waitress also gave us a free dessert and pointed us to their gift shop (does EVERYONE on the Outer Banks have a gift shop?) and said we were there on the right day ~ there was a ten percent discount twice a year and Labour Day was one of those days.

So we went to the gift shop and chatted with the woman there and looked at the clothes, jewelry, and other items they had.  I picked up a pair of sandals and we walked back to the hotel.

It was dark out now and I was determined to get all of my makeup off before bed that night!



4 comments:

  1. With your fine feminine presentation and your constantly increasing comfort level it may be that when Meg is out and about in the civilian population that "Only you know and I know" (along with your hordes of happy blog readers).
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you did there, Pat. :)

    (Playing Glad -> Freedom Rider right now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that, she a chance to do what you like came along, you could see a chance and take it. Just hope after John Barleycorn came by, you could find your way home. Your ability to see a chance and take it is to be commended.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!