Friday, December 19, 2014

Another Quick, Enjoyable Day Out

Back in October, I went to the cardmodel convention again.  I had gone yearly (in drab) for several years and then stopped for a while.  I went as Meg in 2013 (posts here and here) and again this year.  Charity came along this year.

The convention is always very casual, the kind of place where you put on whatever happens to be in
The pictures ALL stunk that day!
your closet (or lying on the floor) and that's about it.  It's also almost all guys.

I dressed down, but, being Meg, it was dressier than anyone else there.  Again, that's a low bar.

The day was... ordinary.  I have a love-hate relationship with days like that.  I love the drama- and confrontation-free environment, so ordinary is good.  But then I hate that I don't have a lot to write about.  That's not going to stop me though.

I saw several people I had seen last year and in years past when I was in drab.  Other than one guy, no-one remembered Meg from last year.  I have mentioned before that I consider this a plus: it means people aren't looking for the t-girl, or even taking particular note that one was there.  In this environment, I do find it a bit odd....  You'd think a (mildly overdressed) woman where 98% of the visitors are men would stand out.  Maybe if I was 20.

As I did in previous years, I spoke to a number of the vendors and displayers about their models and purchased a couple of kits from different people, including one I've bought from when both in drab and dressed.

I also take part in the list and talked about being there but still I was wallpaper.

Because of other commitments, it was a one-event day.  I had to head back and change instead of dine or shop.  But I had a good time and I always enjoy civilian events, like this and the game group.

And I leave you with a little more Chanukah deadhead art.  A friend of mine puts these together.

I know.  Two candles short.  Shhhh....




No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!