Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Funnies: I'm A Funnies Fan

and there are a lot of good choices out there.  Most are available on free sites, although they can be a bit tedious to get (because you need to see ads constantly).

One of my favourite cartoonists is Keith Knight.  He's a busy man, writing and drawing "The Knight Life," "The K Chronicles," and "Th(ink)."  The strips are mostly autobiographical.  He also draws a couple of strips for Mad Magazine: "Father O'Flannity's Hot Tub Confessions" and "Bully Baby".

Busy busy man.

In another era, he'd probably be doing quite well for himself.  But now....  Everyone wants everything for free and it's hard to make a living entertaining people with still images.

Enter Patreon.  If you've ever wanted to be a "patron of the arts" (I haven't) this is your chance.  Keef (as he calls himself) has a page set up and you can donate anywhere from a buck a month and up to support his art.  Like kickstarter, there are levels for him and levels for you.  His page is here.  Some of his cartoons follow.  And at the bottom is me at, say, the opera.  So as I said, "patron of the arts" is not a description of yours truly (although Meg has been to a couple of plays recently.  She'll go ANYWHERE).

Click or scroll to enjoy.

Look!  A t-ish one!


The lady in panel 1 is Keef's wife.  Keef is the guy.




Me at the opera.  Or ballet.

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to be the artist being patronised! On Friday I will be playing in the Orchestra for a stage performance of Verdi's Joan of Arc, my first opera performance.

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!