Monday, February 23, 2015

Valentine's Day Experience

I haven't forgotten.

Once I decided it was full Meg ahead, I pulled out a teal dress I had worn before but I didn't seem to fit quite right.  It seemed a bit low cut for what I was wearing underneath.

So I switched to one of my go-to dresses: my red cowlneck knit dress.  I like it.  It's feminine with a

Bundled Meg
loose collar and swingy skirt. It's cut loose enough that I can skip my padded panty and it still looks like I have some shape, and it's _warm_.
We decided to drive in instead of take the metro.  I like being Meg On The Train ~ it's a good people watching opportunity, but the long walk from the station, even in my fairly comfortable high-heel boots, was not something I wanted to do.

Charity drove and we went to the hotel that was not too far away and had a deal with the theatre.  We asked a doorman where to park and he pointed us in the right direction.  When we came out of the hotel lobby, I asked him where the theatre was.  He pointed to 14th street and said we can go up that street about three blocks.

I pretty much knew which way to go but I needed to talk to the guy for a second.  For some unknown reason, that day I was anxious about going out.  I just had a vague feeling that something was going to go wrong.  I needed to get that out of the way as soon as possible.

We walked to the theatre.  I knew we were plenty early, and I was looking for maybe a clothing store we could windowshop in.  We walked past the theatre, considered lunch and decided to skip it, and went into a "girly" store.




2 comments:

  1. Meg -

    Great coat! But the two of you as a couple are better! Wish you could have gotten a photo of the two of you together.

    Hope to see the two of you the next time I visit DC.

    M

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!