Friday, June 5, 2015

Another Year Older and Deeper In Debt

Happy Birthday to Me!  But you knew that.  I have a facebook page. :)

I had an opportunity to go to the sort-of-monthly soirees last Saturday.  Due to a time change, I though I didn't have enough time to get ready.  But I really did.  But I didn't know.  By the time I found out I really had had enough time, I no longer had enough time.

Before I thought I was in time trouble, I took a long shower and shaved everywhere.  I haven't dressed since February (wow) and I was thinking "the work is done.  It's all fun from here on" but, again, I thought I didn't have time to get ready.

Background: I have two less-than-perfect knees.  It's not birthday-related.  I damaged them long ago, doing high school gymnastics.  Mostly they behave but I've had episodes where they feel neglected and manifest that in a number of nasty ways: pain with movement, or swelling, or failing to support weight.  It's always unpredictable.

Saturday night, during the time I would have been at the soiree, my right knee decided to stop doing it's job.  I almost fell, then I limped around the house, swinging my weight onto my left leg because if I tried to stand on my right I'd fall and probably do a bit more damage to the weak joint.

Imagine that in heels.

Thalia's still watching over me.




3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, hope you will be able to get out to celebrate, without knee pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy Birthday, and look on the bright side; two bad knees are better than three bad knees

    ReplyDelete

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!